At 321 Boat Club we know that you are always looking for new ways to spend your day out on the river. What is more exciting than learning how to water ski? Here are a few tips to help you get started on your water skiing adventure:
• Hand signals: Create a form of communication before you even begin. For example tapping on your head typically means, “head in.”
• Start: Sit in the water with your knees bent. Keep your weight shifted towards the back of your skis.
• Stand up: When the boat begins to pull you, stand but keep your knees bent. Keep your arms and back straight.
• Balance: This is the tricky part. It may take several attempts to get the feel. Don’t pitch yourself forward, instead, let the boat pull you.
• Keep your knees bent: This will help you go over any waves or the wake from the boat.
• Stopping: Sit on your skis and let go of the rope. To avoid collision, don’t attempt to ski onto shore or a dock.
At your Space Coast boat club, we want you to have a great experience. Call today to make an appointment for your next boat outing.